Monday, August 17, 2009

School Days


Today is Cooper's first "real" day of kindergarten!

Friday he had orientation. Thursday night comments - Mommy, tomorrow I get to go to school and see my new classroom, right? And then tomorrow night I get to go to the lock-in at church and have a big surprise, right? OOOOOHHH - I'm just so excited (while jumping up and down)!

Here are Cooper and some of his buddies in the auditorium after orientation. While the parents got the low-down from the teachers, the kids went outside. Cooper got so sweaty I could have wrung his shirt out (hence, the wet hair - gross).

And Friday night he did indeed go to a lock-in at church. He didn't spend the night but informed me that next time he wanted to. (He wanted to this time but Ben wasn't spending the night so I decided he should probably come home too.) The big surprise was rolling skating! He had a blast and now wants to know when he can go again.

I sort of had a strange "moment" Friday night. David was camping and riding horses so it was just me and Libby. I had been cleaning the house and at around 10:00 finally sat down. I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open but I had to wait for Cooper to get home (Melis was bringing him home). This is when I starting thinking how incredibly fast the past 6 years has gone by. He went to a lock-in!!! My baby!!! Anyway, then I started thinking how in about 10 years someone is going to be waiting up for him all the time! And I doubt he'll be coming home at 10:30. I'm thinking the "waiting up" will have to fall on Daddy. I need my sleep!
Bye Lib! See you after school!

No comments: