Sunday, September 14, 2008

Soccer Begins

Cooper had his first soccer game on Saturday. He scored a goal and according to him, his team won. I'm not really sure since it is complete madness on the field and they don't officially keep score - "everybody wins" in Upward Soccer. Cooper and his buddy, Max...

I'm sure none of you doubted my previous post about Cooper being so much taller than his teammates, but just in case...

Friday night we went to some friends house. This was supposed to be "happy hour" but turned into "happy night". Libby and Maggie played and watched the big kids play.

"The big kids"

Other things that happened this week... Monday was open house at school. We all pile in the car, get to the school and see everyone going in WITHOUT their kids. Now that is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard - open house with no kids? So David and the kids went home and I saw Cooper's room all by myself. I will not succumb to peer pressure next year; I will take Cooper with me. It really wasn't any fun looking at artwork, touring the room and seeing his place at the table without his commentary. Wednesday was picture day. Hopefully those will turn out good. Saturday afternoon after soccer Cooper and I went and played putt putt. Boy, that was fun at 99 degrees with 100% humidity...

Libby is SOOO close to crawling. She tries a little but if you try to encourage her she just stops and smiles. Sweet little Libby. Oh, and this is how she feels about Cooper being in her face/space all the time.



2 comments:

Sophia Janet said...

Wow, Coop is tall! Are these kids all the same age? Libby is getting so big! Sophie's starting to walk, Libby beginning to crawl, Cooper is into soccer... I have a feeling our holiday gatherings are about to get a bit on the crazy side.

courtney said...

No doubt. Apparently Libby is much lazier than Sophie (I'm pretty sure Soph had been crawling for months when she was Lib's age) but I'm NOT complaining. Cooper is mobile enough!