Friday, November 21, 2008

Funny Story

I always wonder if the whole "adoption" thing makes any sense to Cooper at all. Tuesday when we got home I jumped on facebook (of course) and didn't really pay attention to what was on tv. Apparently Mary had been watching the Discovery Channel. So this show comes on called "Freebirthing". I would highly recommend that you watch it if you happen to see a repeat. It's about all these hippy-type women who give birth at home - no midwives, doulas, etc. just their husband and maybe a toddler or two. Anyway, it was interesting. Cooper comes walking in and starts watching too. After a few minutes he looks over at me and says, "Mommy, I think you would cry if you had to get a baby out of your tummy. I think that's why you wanted to pick your babies."

I think I picked the best 2, what do you think?

4 comments:

HJW said...

Priceless! Yes, you picked 2 good ones, although I don't think I'm chopped liver...us adopted folk tend to think highly of ourselves :-)

courtney said...

I think you are fabulous Hope! I would have picked you too but you were already taken...

Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic story. He gets it more than you think. I think they are extremely special kiddos to have you and David for parents. You chose them, but their souls chose you before they were even born. You are all special and I admire you for all you've been through.

Jake & Hope said...

He is so sweet! I love this story.