Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Libby!



Wow! I seriously cannot believe it has been a whole year since we got that wonderful call that our baby girl was born! I will never forget sitting in my office working on payroll tax returns and David calling me saying, "go home, pack some stuff and come to Jacksonville - we have a girl!" I didn't even know which way to turn! And little did I know what a special little girl we had. She was so tiny that cold day in January and look at her now!



Her birthday happened to fall on Saturday so we had a "dinner party" which everyone in my family found hilarious. Seriously it was just me being lazy. I knew I was going to have to feed everyone so why not incorporate it into the party! CeeGee, Papa, Jill, Jackson, Nanee, Paw Paw, and Andy all came for the celebration. We ate lasagna and had a WONDERFUL birthday cake. I can tell it was wonderful because it disappeared in a flash - David thought I hid it from him.



Libby didn't really feel her best but she was still sweet. She didn't quite dig into her cake like Cooper did but she is a girl, after all. I guess she didn't want to get dirty. Cooper took up any slack though.





Sunday Cooper started playing in a 3-week winter soccer league. He had a blast and even got to be the goalie for a while. He made several saves - what a little athlete we have!

2 comments:

lucysinspired said...

Happy Birthday sweet Libby! Can't wait to see you again!!

Sophia Janet said...

Happy Birthday, Libby! I'm so bummed that we couldn't be there for the big birthday celebration, but I hope we'll see you very soon!